Other Uses of Portable Ultrasound Equipment
There are many uses of portable veterinary ultrasound equipment in other species.
- Pigs-sows can be examined for pregnancy after 18 days with ReproScan S100 with its 3.5 MHz sector probe
- ReproScan S100 has a 3.5 MHz mechanical sector probe that can be used for pigs, goats and sheep
- Sheep are often scanned for pregnancy using a 3.5 MHz C60 probe which is available on the ReproScan 5200 and the ReproScan 5500
- Goats can be scanned for pregnancy using the ReproScan S100 or the ReproScan 5200 with the 3.5 MHz C60 probe
- Fish are ultrasounded for determination of gender. A 6.5 MHz linear rectal probe placed on the side of the fish and its gonads are scanned.
- ReproScan XTL is a good ultrasound unit for fish farms.